Need Travel Help?
We have a wonderful travel agent who is experienced in getting guests to and from Sun Valley. Just contact Terry Farmer at New Act Travel: 800-722-3233 or EMAIL TERRY.
For accommodations within walking distance of all conference activities, contact the Sun Valley Resort at 800-786-8259 and mention that you will be attending the Sun Valley Writers’ Conference.
With the popularity of the Writers’ Conference, the availability of rooms at the Sun Valley Resort is limited. Currently there are rooms available, and occasionally more rooms open up closer to the Conference, around early June. We suggest you book now with the possibility of changing your accommodations later.
There are also several additional options for lodging in Ketchum, all within close distance to the Resort. Be sure and book early.
Knob Hill Inn
Coldwell Distinctive Properties
Sun Valley Ultimate Services
Sun Valley is a popular summer destination serviced by Friedman Memorial Airport (SUN), in nearby Hailey, Idaho, and is serviced by small regional jets whose flights fill up quickly.
- Delta/SkyWest — Daily non-stop flights from Salt Lake City (SLC) on CRJ 700 regional jets
- Alaska Airlines — Daily non-stop flights from Seattle (SEA) & Los Angeles (LAX) on Q400 regional jets
- United — Daily non-stop flights from San Francisco (SFO) and Denver (DEN) beginning in July on CRJ 700 regional jets
Directions from Friedman Airport to the Conference Site:
- Follow Airport Way to Highway 75. Turn left.
- Take Highway 75 approximately 12 miles to Sun Valley Road in Ketchum. Turn right at the signal.
- Follow Sun Valley Road approximately 1 mile to the Sun Valley Resort, where there is parking.
Driving times from the above airports are as follows:
Twin Falls………….. 1½ hours
Boise…………………. 3 hours
Salt Lake City……… 5 hours